22.3.10

10 Things That Made Me Smile...


So I need a positive blog today, with all the other crap that's been thrown around!!

1) I got to sleep in until 630 this morning. Normally up by 5ish so that was a blessing!

2) I got to sleep in until 630 because BOTH my lil men slept all through the night, in their own beds!

3) I did a mini pedi all for my self satisfaction (part of finding that happy place)! There really is nothing better than cute toes for #4

4) I got to wear flip flops for the first time. I know I've done it prior to now, but only for the running out to the garage & such so it really didn't count. That is, not until this afternoon when added to my fave pair of comfy capri's!!

5) My earliest of spring bloomers are blooming!! That means that spring really is coming!! They're little and purple and adorable. Don't ask me what kind they are because I can never remember lol

6) My little Hurricane came up to me as I was brushing my teeth this morning and said "mama, I wuv you diiiiiisssss much" stretching his arms as far as he could!

7) The fact that my lil Monkey is such an easy going baby. He smiles, coos and does all that new discovery baby stuff and how can a smile like that not make your heart melt!!

8) I got a card in the mail today. On the front it has a little white mouse sliding down the inside of a delicious red heel and it says "A little fun... is good for the soul!" It made me smile & reminded that there are people out there that still know how to write using an ink pen or pencil, and not just write using the keyboard! There's always something special about getting real mail. It takes a lot more thought and presence of mind to handwrite anything!

9) Easter's coming up. A time to connect with family. This year will be spent with dh's family. The kids are going to have the most amazing time hunting eggs at Papa & Grandma R's house. The backyard is huge. I smile because I love dying easter eggs and watching the surprise on little ones' faces as they find the eggs, plastic or not! Maybe it's the kid in me lol

10) I love the fact that I'm not cooking dinner tonight. I've turned the reigns of the kitchen over to my Sugar Glider. It may only be spaghetti & garlic bread but ya know what... I'm not cooking!!!
What is even one thing that made you smile today?!

No comments:

Post a Comment