29.4.09

Letters

While Hurricane was taking his morning nap I thought maybe, just maybe, I could sneak in a quick shower since I'd just finished working out. I dont know why on Earth I think I can ever accomplish this as it always turns out bad....

I thought I heard Hurricane fuss, his room is next to the bathroom, but knew that he'd find something to occupy his time just long enough for me to finish. I had put a Blues Clues movie in to play, and put his sipper of milk and magna doodle in his crib as precautions. After less than a minute he had quieted down so I wasn't worried.
He certainly found something to occupy his time, unfortunatly it wasn't with either of those.
See, we have a rather tall bookshelf next to his crib that has all sorts of books, toys and blankets for him to play with on the lower shelves. On the top two shelves are some of my scrapbooking things, and on the very top is a basket full of little foam letters. Over 500 of them....
PURPLE
ORANGE
GREEN
& BLACK
LITTLE
FOAM
LETTERS
I'm sure you can imagine how the shower of confetti happened. It was like a ticker tape parade had just occured in the streets of NYC, or that there had been a major mishap with a confettin canon. There were letters EVERYWHERE, including out the door. The hurricane, we're discovering, is very resourceful when it comes to getting something that's out of reach. If you don't remember the microwave incident just ask lol
He sat the magna-doodle on it's side, used it to climb up the side and or foot of his crib, and proceeded to reach the basket of letters. The reason I know is when I came into his room he was repeating this procedure to reach something else on the shelf, giggling the entire time. Yes, I let him repeat the procedure without me saying a word, since I wanted to see just how the heck those letters got everywhere, and boy did I ever.
Thankfully, all the letters have made it safe and sound back into the basket. (I'm still finding them in odd places a day later). There will no longer be a magna-doodle or anything else that could ever in a million years be used as a ladder-type apparatus put in his crib. His room has also been rearranged so that there is no longer a shelf nearby, or anything else.

1 comment:

  1. Ha! That is so funny! How do kids come up with these ideas I want to know.
    Great picture too. Where is that?

    ReplyDelete